Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Hyssop in your perfume

Sometimes I get the impression that the Gods are pranksters and I'm the one they enjoy messing with the most. I'm completely assured in the probability that I'm not the only one who's ever had such a notion, but I wasn't saying it to score points in originality. How are the Gods pranking me, you may be asking yourselves? Well, you know what? I'm not the caliber of writer to tackle such an elusive and nearly inexpressible question as that. I was just saying: sometimes I feel like the object of a series of big fucking jokes. And I have no idea to express it any more concisely than that. So, uh, yeah.....

Beginning yesterday, my legs have felt sore after running. I think this is the case partly because I've been running slightly longer distances and pushing myself slightly more in the process. I'm alright with that; no pain no gain, right? Sure, Kevin, whatever you say. Really, though, I'm feeling the effects of running and I've been skulking around like I've just been kicked in the nuts. But I will endure whatever discomfort is necessary in order to look and feel better. I've already lost sixteen pounds in two weeks!

I need to start rehearsing for the August show and yet both of the guitars I'd be using are out of commission. Go figure. I've been playing my twelve string just so I can be playing something, but it's got a different feel and, consequently, I need a period of adjustment. I'm afraid if I practice too much on the twelve I'll find playing a six string at the show an awkward experience. So why don't I just play the twelve at the show? I would, but it goes out of tune rather easily and having to constantly tune a guitar with twelve strings is a time consuming and involved affair. I don't think my set will go off very well if I'm spending half of it tuning my guitar. Of course, some might find it a welcome change from listening to my hackneyed songs. I do have a knack for making the tuning of a guitar a blissful experience. Anyway, what I'm going to do is take one of the six strings to a guy Luke Warm recommended and see what he can do.

Okay, I'm off to watch El Topo, one of my new favorite movies, with the commentary on. Yes, I am a geek. Oh yeah, I didn't lose sixteen pounds in the last two weeks; I was just joshing. That would be pretty tough to do, and if I were to do that I'd have to run A LOT more than I'm running now. And I'd also have to say no to eating whole cakes every night before bed. In my defense, I don't eat the frosting that always gets smeared inside the box the cake comes in. I'm not a pig, you know!

No comments: