Saturday, April 30, 2011

What kind of heart would a blind man choose?

A great dinner last night. For Spira's birthday, we ate at Zygomates in Boston. Oysters (which I enjoyed for a change), wine, lobster crepe, poached salmon (the best I've ever had), and some lemon pound cake for dessert. Good times.

Today, I make the Open Studios rounds. Will probably go to Vernon street first and see Mara. And then maybe off to Spira and Melanie's studio to take a peek. The Bruins are on at three; there's a good chance I meet up with Scott, who came down last night to visit Foley, to watch it. We'll see.

I'm a little sleepy. Did I get enough sleep? Yes, I did. I'm just a layabout right now. Need to get moving. It's a nice, cool day. I should be outside. Funny, I went downstairs earlier and saw that our front door was wide open. Zico was on the porch, so I figured Janelle was the culprit. I also noticed a balloon hanging from a street sign in front of our house. Because people hang balloons in front of their houses for Open Studios, I wondered if people would think we were hosting, especially given the fact that our doors were open invitingly. Sure enough, not two minutes later, a couple come in the house, hoping to see our art. Well, all they got to see was me walking around in shorts with a serious case of bed head.

Okay, off to the races.

No comments: