Wednesday, June 30, 2010

I wish I had a window over the bay, and a black horse grazing on the green all day

Listening to My Bloody Valentine. I don't listen to them all of the time, but Loveless is a special album, and whenever I listen to it, I let it's dreamy fuzziness (or fuzzy dreaminess, if you prefer) sweep over me. All of these years later, I still can't make out any lyrics. I wouldn't have it any other way.
-
Today was better than yesterday, which wasn't all that bad, but it had its moments. To wit: I spent a good amount of time in Probate up in Nashua, copying every page of some one's estate. What a drag. They won't let you take any pages out of the folders, so you have to get creative when making copies. I didn't know that the last time I was up there and got chewed out by an unpleasant, mustachioed, troll of a woman. She kept a careful eye on me this time and, to my dismay, I discovered I was a little intimidated by her. Just a little, mind you, but enough to bother me. Anyway, the copying process took a long time and was a tiring ordeal.

After that, I stopped at the courthouse in Lowell to record some documents. Turned out I was short a check, so I went back to work. It was late in the day, and I only expected to be there shortly before heading home. The problem was, I had to wait for someone at the law firm next door to bring over some documents for me to record in Cambridge today. She finally arrived at five and I hit the road. Half way home, on the highway, Marcy calls me and asks if I could come back to pick up some more documents the aforementioned law firm forgot to send over. Not thrilled, was I. Traffic was heavier on the way back and I didn't get home until six. Things got better, though.

Upon my arrival home, I changed into a t-shirt and shorts, grabbed my iPod and pedometer, and hit the road. I changed up my running routine by taking the route I've been taking on my marathon walks, only going about half the distance. Because the bike path at various intervals meets a road running perpendicular to it, I would sprint every other "block". Worked out really well. I felt like a stallion at times. That's right: a stallion, son! I'm looking forward to developing this routine.

I was at the registry in Cambridge almost the entire day, mostly just waiting my turn. End of the month, everyone wanting to get on record. I didn't mind: I entertained myself by people watching and making a mental list of all the wonderful things I do.

Yoga after work and then other stuff. And now, for my final trick, I will make myself disappear.

Poof...

No comments: