Thursday, June 3, 2010

Wake me up before you go go

Recently I had a dream. It was one of the reoccurring airplane dreams I've had for most of my adult life, but this time, instead of waking up just before or after takeoff, I made it through the entire flight. My destination? Florida, for a couple of days.

The flight went well. I closed my eyes until we were airborne. I opened them for the rest of the flight. Opened, attentive. This isn't so bad, I thought. I was seated at the rear of the plane. Craig was there. We talked. Good having him around. I won't bother delving into the meaning of this, and similar dreams (for the particulars of those you can reference older posts if you're inclined, but I know you're not, so forget I mentioned it), but it was a victory. It signaled growth, evolution. I woke up smiling. Wish I remembered what I did in Florida. Maybe Craig and I were in an alligator wrestling tournament.

Got back from the dentist about an hour or so ago. Four fillings, mostly painless. I love this dentist. I never have to wait; in fact, I never even get to sit down in the waiting room. I come in, he pops his head out, I follow him out back, and he gets to work. And he's good, too. Years ago, I used to frequent the dentist my parents went to. He was nice enough but his work was sloppy, as if he was a little buzzed on something, and always seemed to take way longer than necessary with most procedures.. Oh, and he could barely speak English, or to be more precise, the English that he spoke was unintelligible (I think he was from Taiwan). Poor man, I portray him as a bumbling idiot, but I call it like I see 'em.

I don't miss those days.

Anyway, the flying dream correlates with today's visit to the dentist. I won't elaborate, but I'm feeling pretty good about it.
-
Tonight, the Celtics. Game one of the finals. Hope the Lakers are ready to lose. I really mean that. I hope they've all sat around and prepared themselves for tonight's loss. I don't want it to come as a surprise. Sure, they're the opposition, but they're still human beings, and I care very deeply about them on that level.

Uh, let's move on...

Today, my libido stirred in the presence of someone I would not ordinarily be attracted to, not if I was heavily inebriated, not ever. And that's saying something because I'm attracted to a lot of different looking women, at least on a physical level. I didn't let said libido take over; the woman was not ravaged, she was none the wiser, but the incident was just short of alarming. I need to get laid before matters escalate. Until I do, no one is safe. You've been warned.

I'll leave you with that. What else is there to say?

6 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

LOL! The dentist gas you up! Thats the correlation right!?

Kevin said...

Ha!No gas for me, just shot up with novacaine. As for how the two experiences correlate, it has more to do with how I dealt with each before and while they were happening. Years ago, I was in the grip of panic disorder and, though I haven't had a panic attack in a long time, my life, and the way I've handled it, has been affected by the subtle and deceptively debilitating after-glow of the condition. However,the glow has been fading over the years;the dream was a signal. At the dentist today there was not a trace of anxiety beyond the little bit anyone would feel.In fact, I think I handled it better than a lot of people would have. I left the good doctor to his work, closed my eyes, and rode the current of my imagination, which is what happened in part of the dream that I left on the cutting room floor.

So, there you have it. I probably should have included the above int the post, especially since it illustrates a positive shift in my life, but I thought I was pressed for time. Anyway, thanks for motivating me to revisit the subject.

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

I know that kind of anxiety well... I would have asked for some gas! lol... and as far as being on a plane... I better already be in a body bag!

Seriously, Glad to hear of such positive changes. ;)

Kate said...

I have to agree with Leigh about the airplane part. However, for whatever reason I have never had anxiety about the dentist. But, for me it is the eye doctor that creates that kind of anxiety, especially where eye problems are concerned. (Strong family history of Glaucoma).

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Kate, Glaucoma test are horrible! I feel ya there as well! I get sick from those eye surgeries ya see on tv because of that experience!

Kate said...

Wow! You are a LOT braver than I, Miss Leigh, because I cannot even watch those surgery shows. Yikes! I'm afraid that I am far too squeamish for that kind of reality TV. Unfortunately, I am beginning to get used to the eye doctor, as it is now a biannual thing for me because of the emergence of floaters in both eyes. But, I will not go into it any more detail about my eyes lest you pass out at your computer. I was actually just going to do bit of self-promotion and direct you to my little bloggy since I've been butting into your comments on Mr. Kevin's blog. So here it is, (sort of) my blog link. I will say that it is in a state of flux at the moment but it will be restored to its former glory soon enough. I hope that you like what you read!

http://variousmusingsofmine.blogspot.com/