Monday, June 7, 2010

Time has told me you're a rare find, a troubled cure for a troubled mind

At the courthouse in Cambridge this morning, sitting down waiting for my number to be called at the Registry of Deeds, my gaze fell on the cute blond title examiner I see just about every time I'm there. I admired her for a bit without trying to be obvious. Or creepy. I don't want to be the creepy guy if I can help it. I was surreptitious and didn't ogle, but I did watch her. Not in a sexual way, really, but.....ok, why do I feel like I'm digging myself into a hole - a creepy hole, no less - that's getting deeper and deeper?

Look, here's the skinny. She's attractive, she's easy on the eyes - yes, I took notice, have taken notice before - but I wasn't drooling or moaning (well, maybe I was drooling, but that's another issue all together). I was mostly appreciating her laugh and body language. She's got a good laugh - unfiltered and expressive - and I'm a sucker for a good laugh. And she's pretty animated with her hands and face; she'd probably make a good mime. From about twenty feet away, I felt as if I knew what her conversations were about without hearing a single word. And do you want to know what they were about? They were about me and how dreamy she thinks I am and how much she wants to ask me out but is too shy. Actually, that's what I wish they were about.

In case you're wondering, I'm pretty sure she's married, judging by the ring she was wearing. I'm not crestfallen, though, so don't pity poor ol' me. I did, however, feel a little lonesome at not having a girlfriend. It happens from time to time.
--
After Janelle and I put in our air conditioners yesterday, it immediately became cool outside. It's still cool a day later. Mother Nature is fucking with us. What a jerk!

I'm a little sleepy. Maybe it was the vigorous run, maybe it's the cool air. Whatever the cause, I'm going to end this and work on some music. Failing that, I'll probably watch The Wire and do some reading.

Ciao.

3 comments:

Leigh, Andrea Leigh Gil said...

Mother nature is a cruel bitch sometimes. lol

O and I am hunting down The road! I will keep you posted on my progress.

Toni-Lee said...

I've been creepy drool girl before... it happens to the best of us : D

Kevin said...

I'm looking forward to it, Leigh. And yes, Mother Nature is a cruel bitch sometimes, but after what our species has done to her, I suppose she's entitled.

@Toni-Lee: Welcome aboard. Thanks for the comment. It's nice to know there are others out there who throw in some drool with their creepiness.