Sunday, July 4, 2010

I want to see the bright lights tonight

Long weekend, but already half gone. Actually, more than half gone - it's the 4th already. One more day and then back to work. Long weekend, my ass. It goes by in a flash. Time flies when you're having fun, I guess. Except I'm not having much fun. Still, it flies.

Not having much fun, declareth I. Ah, is it worth getting into? Probably not. Maybe another time, maybe never. It's enough to know I'm not wallowing in bliss as I write this. Nor am I about to slit my wrists.

've got the house to myself tonight for the first time....well, maybe the first time ever, and, with all due respect to my housemates, that is a good thing. I've got Season 7 of Curb Your Enthusiasm to watch, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeroes to listen to, yoga to be practiced, music to be worked on (it'll be cool having the common areas of the house to utilize for this endeavor), and who knows what else. Oh, I'll probably read a bunch and maybe watch The Blindside, which I've had hanging around for a few weeks.

There's more. I'll probably post again tomorrow and cover today's party at my parent's house and the near waste of time hanging out with Mara last night was. In the meantime, happy 4th of July, if it means anything to you.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Gee that sucks Kevin, it sounds like your mood was about as good as mine was today. I always tend to be in a sour mood on these type of holidays. I guess because I am usually bitter about those who always seem to have fabulous plans and I always have none. But, typically I this dower mood passes soon enough. I do hope that is the same for you as well. Enjoy your peace and quiet.