Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Declare independence, don't let them do that to you

A short post. A pretty good day, but I feel like I've got hell hounds on my trail. Sometimes I wonder if it's possible for my life to get better, to reach an optimal state. I'll find out, I guess.

Watched The Assassination of Jesse James the other night. It was good. No complaints, really. A quiet film, overall, and well acted. Also saw It Might Get Loud, the documentary of a summit between Jimmy Page, The Edge, and Jack White. Mostly just talking shop about guitars and jamming, but who needs more? Inspired me to devote more time to my craft, which in addition to writing songs, is bringing joy to every single person I encounter. In case you didn't know.

Funny how things happen, and I'm referring to the whole sphere, the oeuvre, if you will, of our lives. From a hindsight point of view, I wonder if the me of fifteen years ago would be happy about the state of my life as currently constituted. Probably not, but I take no offense. Life 'aint easy; I knew it then, and I for damn sure know it now. Ah, but it has it charms, it does.

Off to watch The Pineapple Express. Been meaning to see this movie for a while; been on my Netflix que for months. I stumbled upon it last night on TV and got hooked right away. I had to force myself to stop watching it because I wanted to practice. The director of the movie - shoot, I forget his name already - directed George Washington, a beautifully rendered drama. The fact that he made a drugged out comedy action adventure with Seth Rogan and James Franco intrigued me right away. I'll let you know how the rest of the film is.

No comments: