Thursday, July 29, 2010

Big ol' jet airliner, don't carry me too far away

Today was strung together so cohesively, it felt absolutely scripted and lacked the arbitrariness of typical days. I'm referring especially to what happened after work. I ran into Lisa at the grocery store. She told me she was getting together with Luke Warm before he moves out west in a couple of weeks. I had heard rumblings about this. Lisa was surprised I didn't know. I was, too, but not really - something unknown to me has torn my relationship with Luke Warm asunder and the fact that I hadn't been made privy to the news was to be expected, hoped against, but expected. I wondered if Foley would be able to enlighten me about the situation. A minute or two after the thought, he texts me. I text back asking if he wants to get together for coffee at True Grounds. He texts back that he's already there. We meet up. We talk briefly about Luke Warm's impending departure before he changed the subject. Don't think he wanted to talk about it. And, from this point hence, neither do I. Doesn't feel very good having it present.

I came home and called Mara. She was feeling anxious about a guy she just started seeing. I tried to help her through it, while feeling just a little more lonely. There's little chance of us getting back together, but you know how it goes. We talked a little and she had another call. She thought it might be him. I'm happy for her. Things change, dynamics shift. I just wish things would fall right for me more often. One of those days. At least I've been feeling better. There's that.

I need to work on music. I've got to get my ass proactive and book some shows. And find other people to play with. It's been years since I've been in a band. I miss the interaction.

Tomorrow is Friday. This weekend has to be better than last weekend. If it isn't,......whoah, Nellie!

No comments: