Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Into this house we're born, into this world we're thrown

I am fast on the road to recovery. In fact, I only had one visit to the bathroom today of the type I've grown accustomed to. I was starting to feel better yesterday, but my stomach was still a gurgling mess. This morning I woke up with........AN APPETITE!!

I walked into the kitchen and there was Janelle spreading blackberry jam on toast. The bread and jam were courtesy of our friend Tracy, who Janelle had just visited. It looked and smelled so good that it took me a second to realize what was happening. She offered me some and I obliged. I made an egg, too. So good.

Having an appetite was progress, but I was still feeling frail. It was to be expected. Currently, I'm feeling pretty good. I've been craving and eating grapes all day. Anything thirst quenching has been nectar to me. Had another Italian ice this afternoon. So satisfying, I almost cried when I reached the end of the cup. Really, I did.

In the parking lot at work today, I spotted a pile of pennies on the ground. My first inclination was to collect the booty, but then I realized it wouldn't be worth it. There looked to be only about twenty or thirty pennies, hardly worth the effort of bending over and picking them up. Better to have a child, to whom twenty or thirty pennies would be a big deal, acquisition them.

Okay, I'm off to watch The Wire in bed.

2 comments:

Kate said...

Glad that you are feeling better Kev, and that you are able to eat too! It shan't be long now! :O)

Kevin said...

Thanks, Kate.