Wednesday, January 13, 2010

She says I am the one, but the kid is not my son

Okay, I'm back; you can let out your collective sigh of relief. Sure it's only been several days, but having been hooked on huffing paint fumes, I know well the rotten taste of withdrawal, albeit far less severe than what you're going through. My humblest apologies, dear readers. I will take pains to write more consistently.

And I will, but you're not getting much out of me tonight. It's getting late -- I've already gone for a run, showered, and eaten -- and if I expect to be able to watch District 9, a film I've been dying to watch, but inexplicably have put off doing so for over a week, and put a good dent in Dan Simmon's engrossing thriller, The Terror, I'll have to make this short and oh so sweet.

I'd also like peruse the internet for used VCRs on behalf of my parents. Theirs broke and my dad bought one at Radio Shack for a hundred dollars. Mind you, he couldn't find one anywhere else, but if it had been up to me, I would have kept looking rather than go to that store, where they overprice the fuck out of their goods, which, in my opinion aren't very good. So, they're returning the VCR, which happens to be meant for computer, not television, use, and are looking to get a DVD/ VCR combo. After all the help they've provided me with recently, I'd like to be able to find them a VCR.

I wanted to recap this past weekend, which found me in Nashua with an all-star lineup of friends, but I'm looking at the clock and realize I'm out of time. Too bad. I also wanted to get into my road to enlightenment, which, despite being advertised as a simple thing, is actually not. I believe that it is simple, it's just the ego that makes it a convoluted shit storm to obtain. I'm keeping my head up, though, and realize it's the journey that's important.

Ok, I'm out. Maybe next post I'll regale you with my thoughts of the new footage of a potential Sasquatch, lost crushes, my thoughts about the supposed "white messiah" message in Avatar, and much, much, more. Stay tuned.

Post script: Somewhere along the line, this blog has surpassed the 10,000 mark as concerns the number of hits it's received. I feel bad that I missed it. Maybe I should have a cup cake, or something, to celebrate.

No comments: