Tuesday, January 19, 2010

I'm going down low, where your sleep meets its mental

Two days in a row of lousy commutes. Snowy, icy, slushy roads; tailgating, reckless drivers. Through it all, my pure heart has maintained its glow. Still, like I do every year around this time, I've been wondering why I haven't emigrated to warmer climes. The thing is, right about when I'm fed up enough to take measures toward that aim, Spring arrives, and all of winter's trespasses melt away.

I feel like my steps toward enlightenment have gone backward these last couple of days. It's always the same: the ego reasserts itself intensely because it sees it's life is in jeopardy and it will not relinquish it without a fight. It will attack me with everything it's got, every dirty trick in its arsenal, until order is restored. Question is, am I ready to fight back as if my life is in jeopardy? Know what, I think I might be. Stay tuned.

I woke up feeling down. I was coming off a bummer of a dream and it affected part of my morning. Fortunately, I can't recall the dream.

Going to read from The Terror. I'm really enjoying this book. Simmons is a great writer and this is a great story. A page turner, to be sure. Reminiscent of Stephen King at his best.

Talked with my sister tonight. She seemed concerned about our dad's health. I told her I find myself, the older our parents get, being actively concerned about their health. Not all the time, not obsessively, but more than I have in the past. She said she does the same. It's natural. People age, people die. It's just not a reality one likes to pontificate over or readily accept.

After playing Stratego this past weekend, I'm hungry for more. I'm thinking of starting a Stratego club. As it stands, I know I can enlist Craig, Scott, and Foley. That's a good lineup. I just love the fact that I know people who enjoy this game as much as I do. It was my favorite growing up.

Peace.

No comments: