Tuesday, September 8, 2009

We heard that song while watching the skies

One of the cuter women at the Registry in Cambridge was checking me out today. I say this with confidence. I was about ten feet away from her and she was staring right at me. I did the obligatory look-behind to make sure no one was there. No one was there. She looks to be in her mid to late twenties, which is not a deterrent with a capital D, but one all the same. Doesn't matter, it was a nice moment and I'm going to keep it.

The other day, I made some dinner and sat down in the living room to eat. I put on the TV with the intention of abandoning it if I didn't find something decent to watch. After skimming through a lot of trash, I saw that Charlie Rose was about to begin. Good sign. Let's see who his guest will be. Werner Herzog -- nice! I struck gold. Great interview. Can't wait to see the new films he's got coming out. His remake of Bad Lieutenant should be interesting to say the least.

Whenever I leave work at the end of the day, I get all giddy, like I'm just let out of school, or something. It doesn't have anything to do with the job -- I've been like this at just about every job I've ever had. No, this is about freedom and about... well, about being like a kid for at least a small portion of my day. I can't help it. It could be said that this act of giddy exuberance sums me up as a human being. How exactly is beyond me, but it could be said.

Practiced yoga again today after work. I'm on a roll.

Man, am I digging Sandy Denny lately. I've been studying her voice, trying to pick up tips, that sort of thing. It's been an education, let me tell you. Listen to this and you'll know what I'm talking about.



Ok, off to watch some Office: Season Five.

No comments: