Friday, September 11, 2009

The living, it is hard, but it suits me well

Yesterday, Marcy told me I needed to go into Boston before I came to work this morning to pick up some legal documents. Fine with me. What wasn't so fine was when five o'clock rolled around and she still wasn't exactly sure where I needed to go to pick up the docs. She found out fairly quickly -- the Cleric's Office in the Suffolk Superior Court House -- but spent the next half hour trying to sort out directions for me. I tried, as gently as I could manage in my increasingly agitated state, to suggest I do the leg work when I got home. She was determined, however, to figure it out on her own.

I picked up the docs without a hitch this morning. I expected, mostly because the directions I had to the court house were rudimentary at best, to have some issues, but I found the place easily. It was noon by the time I got back to Andover and I had a lot of work waiting for me, all of which, I managed to complete by day's end.

I'm pretty beat. Though it was a short week, it was draining. In a good way, though; I like being productive, and I most certainly was, but it can make a guy sleepy. I will, after working on some music tonight, relax, and most assuredly fall asleep before I intend to.

Luke Warm and I had another good practice the other night. The songs are taking shape, especially the new one I've been fleshing out over the last week or so. I'm really pleased with it, especially the manner in which it's come about. I've put a lot of focus on it and it shows.

It's 9/11 today and it's a terrible thing that justice has not been served yet. Despite overwhelming evidence that elements within our government orchestrated the mass murder that occurred this day eight years ago, we are still a long way from a real investigation. I'm not sure it will ever happen. That said, I tip my hat to the true patriots of our country, the 9/11 truth activists in all their different manifestations. Our founding fathers would be proud.

Been reading from three books lately: The Brothers Karamazov, A Betrayal In Winter, and The Pillars Of The Earth. All three have been enjoyable. I imagine I'll finish A Betrayal In Winter well before the other two concrete blocks masquerading as books. We'll see.

And we'll see if I've got anything left in the tank beyond this sentence.

Nope.

No comments: