Thursday, September 3, 2009

So sad to watch good love go bad

You'd be amazed -- maybe you wouldn't, how the fuck would I know -- how much material is filtered out of this blog. Good material? Well, that would depend on your definition of good. The bulk of what doesn't make the final cut is mostly of the "man, my life is bottom of the barrel" variety. Well, perhaps not so neatly summed up as that, or quite as negative, but in the ball park.
Today, I assessed my life as it stands and I barely got a passing grade. It'll get better, it is getting better. So, I will not transmit my melancholic thoughts, my worries, my concerns in this blog. Correction: I will do such a thing -- I'm not about to deny the sour that runs counterpoint to the sweet. To do so would be a mistake. I'm just not going to give it a ton of air time. Ya dig?

Just finished The Sea today. Beautiful, if morose, piece of literature. I handed it over to Maureen who's been dying to read it ever since I described it to her. "Oh, and he's an Irish author? Well, now I'm even more intrigued." Be prepared to have your heart squeeze dried, dear lady.

On to The Brothers Karamazov, another cheery affair. I probably should have picked something by Dave Barry or David Sedaris to read next. Well, at least there's Six Feet Under to provide me with sunshine. Ok, maybe not. I'm wrapping up season three, Lisa's missing, Claire had an abortion, Nate's crying all the time, Billy tried to make out with his sister....No, not much glee to go around. Well, no wonder I've been gloomy. Time to bring the funny back, and you know what that means: Larry the Cable Guy, son! I'm laughing already.

One of these days, I'm going to travel to Bigfoot country, I'm thinking Pacific Northwest, and go on an expedition in search of the elusive great ape. I am absolutely not kidding. Oh, to hear the wood knocking, to see some tracks, hear it's calls, or, better yet, to even see one -- what a time that would be. Who wants to come?

I'm loving the new song I'm working on. It's got a ways to go, but I've been plugging away at it and I think, before the weekend is through, I'll have finished it. Luke Warm played some great stuff over it last night. It's more refined, a little more sophisticated, than a lot of my other songs. Progression, I love it.

A good run tonight. Tomorrow, I hope to get back in the habit of practicing Yoga. I miss it.

Tonight: music, of course; Six Feet Under; A Shadow In Summer; clean the tub (brown, filmy residue galore -- yuck!); and maybe figure out where District 9 is playing so that I may go see it, alone or perhaps with a friend or two.

No comments: