Wednesday, August 27, 2008

You remind me of something, a song that I am, and you sing me back into myself

Woke up feeling lousy about life. I couldn't tell why, though I suspected it may have been a dream that caused it. I've woken up like that plenty of times in my life, dream or no, and the only elixir is to get out of bed, go make breakfast, and get on with your day. Usually works, too. I made tasty eggs (over easy, a little ketchup) this morning---who can feel blue after eating a couple of those?

Know what? I have no business posting an entry tonight. I don't really feel like writing and I'd like to finish importing Hawkwind's Space Ritual into my iTunes. And I'd like to see if I can watch The Illusionist tonight.

I'm kind of tired; last night I didn't fall asleep very easily. My mind wasn't racing, or anything like that. I was just energized for some reason. I had been listening to Robert Morgan's radio show on blogtalk.com and it was tough going. The sound quality on that site is frustrating: if more than one person is mic'd up, it's a guarantee that there will be a huge difference in levels. I struggled like hell to hear Morgan speak and then when his co-host would speak up, I had to cover my ears to stifle the sound assault. I eventually stopped listening to the show out of frustration and aural torment and, you know what, maybe that's why I couldn't fall asleep right away.

So, like I said, I have no business posting tonight, so....

No comments: