Thursday, August 14, 2008

The days of wine and roses are distant days for me

From what I've been reading everywhere since my last post, it'll be a miracle if the Georgia boys produce an actual Bigfoot body. Loren Coleman's website has been getting too many hits and keeps crashing, so I don't know where he stands at this point. But elsewhere people, including the preeminent scientist and Bigfoot researcher, Jeff Meldrum, have written this story off as a likely hoax.

I don't really feel like I've been had, but I was hopeful that these guys, despite their sleaziness, were actually on to something. And excited, of course, due specifically to Loren Coleman's sudden and surprising endorsement of their story. Though I consider myself a serious student of Cryptozoology, I am by no means an expert in the field and defer to the opinion of professionals whenever possible. So, naturally, when Loren Coleman, the elder statesman in the field, signs off on something, I'm more apt to believe it.

And why, despite all the warning signs, did he sign off on this? Perhaps he knows something the rest of us don't; after all, despite the cries of hoax all over the net, it still hasn't been proven to be one. I think it's more likely he let his feelings get the best of him and made a rush to judgment. (Edit- Coleman's website has been hacked and no longer functions. He was, however, able to publish a post that I just read a copy of on another site, that discusses the hoax without accounting for his prior assertion that it wasn't one) I'm almost as curious to hear his explanation for his behavior as I am to see what comes of this alleged Bigfoot body down in Georgia.

We'll see what happens at the press conference tomorrow-- I'm pretty sure it would make P.T. Barnum proud in it's outlandishness---but for now I'll put the topic to bed. I'm sure you won't object.
--

Watched Cloverfield with Mara and Craig last night. Mara watched until it got scary, at which point she retired to the dining room table to fiddle around on her laptop. Chicken baby!

Am I mistaken, or has it rained almost every day for the last couple of weeks? My sympathy goes out to the people who had their vacations adversely affected by this wave of God's anger (that's what Dick Albert, the weatherman who looks creepier without a mustache, says) I was brutally ambushed by a couple of serious rainfalls on my way home from work today. I got absolutely soaked heading into Starbucks, which was only a twenty foot trek, mind you, and when I when I was unceremoniously spit out into the establishment, the barista at the cash register laughed at me. I ought to have slapped him in the face, but even in my wet and dour state, I exhibited restraint. Anyway, the rain stopped beating the shit out of me with jabs and uppercuts once I was in my car. Then the clouds parted and the sun asserted itself while I shivered and marveled at what a prick that rain was.

Man, summer's almost over and I've only been swimming once. I haven't been camping, nor have I spent any quality time at the beach. I have, however sat on the porch a few times. That's something, at least.

Haven't watched much of the Olympics, either. Mara commented last night that they've been showing women's beach volleyball more than most other events because of the hot chicks in bikinis. I agreed with her---hell, May and Walsh are fantasy fodder---but, as far as I'm concerned, it's an entertaining sport to watch, with or without bikinis. It's too bad that most men see it only as something to pull their pud to. Brutes!

Ok, I'm running on fumes and have probably committed more than a few grammatical sins and saddled you with some increasingly boring content as a result. So before it gets out of hand, I'll say goodnight to you and end this.

No comments: