Friday, August 15, 2008

I left you on the debris at the Sunday morning market

It appears the Georgia Boys press conference was all bark and no bite. I didn't see it, but from what I've been reading, the most substantial thing that came from it were two new photos, one purported to be a of a Bigfoot in the woods and the other a close up of the head in the freezer. I've seen thirteen year olds do better than the former and the latter is an extreme close up with the tongue hanging out. You can barely see the face due to the camera's flash. A horrible pair of photos.

I'm still keeping an open mind, but only barely. What's interesting me most about this whole affair is the train wreck-like nature of it. How are these guys going to save face if they don't produce the goods? They must have an ace up their sleeve, and if they don't, then I guess they really are as stupid as they seem to be.
--

I ran into Elaina, one of Mara's friends, the other day on the sidewalk across from my house. I was coming back from a run and had just rounded the corner onto my street when I saw her walking my way. I said hello and she just stared at me. I repeated myself and she still didn't respond. I've been to her apartment once, for at least an hour, and saw her with her family in Davis Sq. with Mara a month or two ago. Yet here she was, only a few feet away from me, looking at me with zero recognition in her eyes. She finally figured out who I was after a few uncomfortable moments. We made some awkward small talk and went our separate ways.

I told Mara about the incident and she agreed that Elaina must not have recognized me. "How could she not, though?", I asked. "We just hung out at her place only two months ago."

"Maybe she doesn't like you."

"Or maybe she has a deep crush on me. Y'know, I think that's it. When she saw me, she froze up. Her nerves got the best of her. I've seen it happen a million times."

"Whatever you say."

I didn't appreciate her tone and considered asking out Elaina with Mara present to show her my assessment of the situation was the correct one. I changed my mind when I remembered that I don't find Elaina very attractive.
--

I've got to make some changes. I feel as if I've been in a dull trance for the last couple of years. Got to start thinking more about the future and set some goals. I have a short term list I've been working on. Here's what I've got so far:

1. Meditate

2. Yoga

3. pay off debts

4. figure out girlfriend situation

5. get back into painting

6. book some shows

7. eat Craig's Milanos and frame Rich if interrogated.

--

I may post tomorrow before I head up to Maine, but for now I'm out of here, bitches!

No comments: