Thursday, May 1, 2008

We got the wheels and petrol is cheap, only went there for a week

The Celtics won last night after inexplicably dropping the last two games to a team that had no business winning even one. What looked to be a four game sweep has turned into a tight series. The C's need to take it into overdrive in Atlanta tomorrow night and put these pests away. I think they have it in them, but what do I know? I was certain they were going to sweep.

I helped Mara with phase two of her move last night. Though it seemed like there wasn't a lot of stuff, we ended up with three car loads and didn't finish until twelve thirty. Four flights of stairs, my friends. Four flights at both places. By the end of the night, my legs were like soggy green beans. My car is packed with the last of her stuff. I'm about to head over to her place so we can unload it.

After the brief amount of time I spend with her today, we are going to take some mandatory time away from each other. At least until Saturday, when I'll see her at Open Studios (an annual event in Somerville where artists display their work all across the city) and then at Spira's party that night. Things will settle down to a slower pace after that, I think. As I've said before, we're both independent people and cherish our time alone. Have to make sure there's room for that.
--
Watched Before the Devil Knows You're Dead the other night and it was a brilliant piece of film making. The acting was incredible and, even though I'm not big on the idea of awards, I think it's a travesty this film didn't even get a mention at the Oscars. Phillip Seymour Hoffman and Ethan Hawke delivered two of the best acting performances I've seen in quite a while. And Marissa Tomei (who somehow manages to get better looking the older she gets) and Albert Finney were magnificent in their supporting roles. Intense film about a botched robbery. Check it out if you have the time.
--
The job search has been frustrating, but it always is. I just have to stay positive and proactive and not get too discouraged. I think I can manage it. I was thinking maybe I could start charging people to read this blog. A monthly subscription would be fifty smackers and a yearly one would be eighty smackers. Now, before you start complaining about how that's highway robbery and how the quality nowhere near reflects what I'd be charging, remember that I'm a nice guy and that you should want to help me out financially because of that. And you know what? I bet you don't like paying your bills, do you? You still pay them, though, because you have to. Well, you don't necessarily have to pay to read my blog yet (I'm in the process of figuring out how to make it illegal if you don't), but I know deep in my heart that you really, really, want to and that I've become so much a part of your lives via this blog that one day away from me would be worse than being waterboarded and then drawn and quartered. So, give me a little time to work out the whole payment thing, and soon enough we'll all be happy.

No comments: