Monday, May 5, 2008

Every night I tell myself, I am the cosmos

Had a good and eventful weekend, despite the shitty weather. I spent most of Saturday with Mara at the house where she was showing her photographs for Open Studios. Her friends Dave and Marcia were hosting her and Dave spent the day grilling various types of meat and feeding the guests. Really nice people, Dave and Marcia, but at a certain point, I had to tell them to stop feeding me else I'd throw up all over their nice furniture.

In the afternoon, I walked a few streets over to the church where Spira was showing her paintings. I wasn't there too long because I had to get back to the house and prepare for her party, which went well. Spira got tipsy, which is always fun to watch. She did an imitation of the Lollipop Guild song from the Wizard of Oz which was damn funny. Janelle made a pair of cakes that were equally tasty and aesthetically pleasing. My brownies, though tasty, were most certainly not aesthetically pleasing. Hey, I know my limitations; it's what makes me sexy and dangerous.

It was good having Mara there so she could meet some of my friends. There were no stabbings or screaming matches as a result of her presence, so I think things went pretty well. We had our first sleep over and, yada, yada, yada, we were pretty tired the next morning.

Yesterday, I went to the studio where Sarah was showing her paintings and it took me a long time to find her room because the building was so massive. I think I spent more time looking for her than I did hanging out with her. On my way back home, I stopped by the church to see how
Spira was making out. She was getting ready to go home, feeling too under the weather to stay any longer (turns out she was coming down with a cold and not just hung over from the night before).

Last night, Mara came over and we hung out in my room for a while. We had a nice talk about slowing things down a bit in our relationship. I had been wanting to address it for a couple of days and felt much better about things after our discussion. We'll see how things go, but so far I'm enjoying the way things are going.

Got to watch the Celtics blow out the Hawks yesterday and, though it should never have reached game 7, it was great watching them return to form. Now they have to face Lebron James and the Cavs. Don't know if King James can be stopped, but if anyone can do it, the C's can.

No comments: