Monday, May 19, 2008

Only love can break your heart

The C's defeated the Cavs yesterday in a game that many are calling an instant classic. Paul Pierce faced off against LeBron James in one of the best duels I've ever seen. Having said that, I wasn't as up for the game as I have been for others and, though I was thrilled they won, my mind drifted to other matters while watching it. And what thoughts were so important as to take my attention away from an "instant classic" game seven NBA game? You'd be disappointed if I told you that they weren't much of anything so, in the interest of keeping everyone happy, I'll move on to the next paragraph and disregard the question as if it were never posed.

Work's been interesting. I've noted here before that it's a lot different and, consequently, better, than Taylor Rental. Whenever I think back to that job, and I try not to do it very often, I recall the times, especially near the end, when I pined for a different work environment. I didn't have a specific job in mind, but I knew that I wanted it to be a lot quieter, and less hostile, which is to say it would be an environment where people at least pretended to be civil to each other. And the most important bit of criteria would be the absence of the word retail from the job description. I think I found that job. It's not going to go down as the job of my dreams, but it'll do nicely for now. Sure, Taylor had it's moments---it was never boring, that's for sure---but I never really fit in there.

I had what I think was a prophetic dream the other night and no, I'm not going to abuse you with a description of it. I'm only mentioning it because A) if, on some level, it does come to pass, I'll at least have the mention of it documented and B) the only person I told about it was the last person I should have told. So, I'll plant a few key words that will make no sense to you, but should serve to jog my memory in the future. And here they are: marriage, Erin, break up, "her", bittersweet. Now I bet you want to know what the dream was about, eh? Oh, you still don't? Ok, I'll move on.

I've been finishing up a few songs that I'm, at least so far, impressed with. I say so far because I still need to attach lyrics to them, which is always hit or miss with me. I'm confident, though, that they'll turn out alright.

Game one of the C's/Pistons series tomorrow night, but I already committed to seeing a friend of Mara's play at Johnny D's. Last time I was there, they were showing a Celtics game, so perhaps I'll end up serving two masters at once. I'm sure Mara will love that.

No comments: