Thursday, May 22, 2008

Every town must have a place where phony hippies meet, psychedelic dungeons popping up on every street

I just heard back from the Division of Employment almost a month after I filed. It looks I'm eligible to collect unemployment. I should get my first check in a couple of weeks. Good thing I got a job when I did, or I'd be FUBAR financially, which is to say I'd still be poor, only more so. Oh, well, I'm going to see if I can bleed a couple of checks out DOE to bolster the paltry ones I'll be receiving from work while I'm still part time.

Why the hell am I writing when I should be watching the C's face off against Detroit? I should also be working on some lyrics. Hate to ruin your night, dear reader(s), but I think I should vamoose. So, real quick I'll rattle off some arbitrary thoughts and then I'm gone.

-- I was watching Saving Private Ryan the other day, a perfectly constructed film, and thought about other films I'd qualify as being perfectly constructed. I thought of Seven Samurai, Aguire, the Wrath of God, Annie Hall, and Coyote Ugly. I'm kidding about the last one, but man, those others son perfecto!

--Here's a thought: I don't have the time for this, so there will be no more arbitrary thoughts forthcoming, my bitches.

If I don't check back in, have a swell weekend.

No comments: