Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Fears be gone, it won't be long. There's a light in the skies

I've been trying to kill this damn fruit fly for the last twenty minutes and the fucker escapes my clutches every time. And the thing won't leave me alone, either. I'd be more inclined to let him live if he respected my personal space and hung out somewhere else in my room. What if the bugger is hanging around me not to harass, but because he likes me, senses my goodness, and wants to be my friend? I'd feel pretty lousy about wiping his flattened, messy body off my palm, that's for sure. Better for both of us if I leave matters be.

Went over to Tufts and ran a mile on their track after work tonight and my legs are begging me to never make them move ever again. It wasn't just the mile I ran; it was the fairly lengthy walk to and fro the track that contributed to the state that I'm in. I think I know who's going to bed early tonight.

I put the TV on for the first time in months to watch the Kevin Garnett press conference, and there with Paul Pierce, Ray Allen was the key to the gates of Heaven for the Celtics and their fans. I actually became giddy watching; it blew my mind that KG was now a Celtic. His addition to the team makes it likely that they'll be a force in the league for the next few years. A championship, something that wasn't even close to being possible last year, is now within reach. Luke Warm and I argued over the merits of the trade yesterday---he was against it---and I'm hoping he's come to his senses and is as giddy as I am about what the Celtics have pulled off.

Been listening to a lot of Big Star lately. I've always liked the band, but I never really dove into their music the way I have been lately. What great musicians! What great songwriting! Viva Big Star!

And viva all of you.

Awwww.

No comments: