Sunday, August 26, 2007

Let's reconstruct the past because the future won't last

I watched the last episode of Rome and there will be no more forthcoming. They could have gone so much further with the show, but apparently it was too expensive a venture to maintain. Still, though, when you're dealing with such high quality, you'd like to think the money would come from somewhere. I guess the ratings weren't so good, either, so it made sense for them to cancel the show. Doesn't mean I have to like it. I hope HBO gives A Song of Ice and Fire more than two seasons, especially considering each season will cover one of the books, which, when all is said and done, will amount to six or seven.
--

It's amazing to me how overlooked The Kinks album Arthur has been. It was released in '69 and it is as, or more, impressive than many of the so called great albums from that era. I can't believe it is hasn't gotten a fair shake, I really can't. Oh, well, it will be our little secret, then.
--

While running at the track yesterday, I saw something perched on the fence a few feet ahead of me. As I got closer, I realized it was a hawk. It just sat there and watched me run by. I later discovered that it had a pigeon nearby that it was munching on. I used to see hawks all the time at my parent's house. My dad used to race pigeons and would often let them out of the coop so they could get some exercise. That's when the hawks would arrive. They preyed on a lot of my dad's birds. He would have taken measures to remedy the situation, but he was too much in awe of them. One time, we saw a hawk sitting on a tree stump next to the coop and wondered what it was up to. It remained there for close to a half hour. Finally, it flew away and when we inspected the area where it was perched, we noticed that there was a pigeon missing it's head nearby. I asked my dad if we should take it to the vet, but he didn't think the vet would be able to help it. My dad's so smart.
--

To get over the absence of my beloved Rome, I'm going to watch A Very Long Engagement and will try to watch Inland Empire, too. Somewhere in between, I'll work on some music.

Ok, that's all I've got. You're dismissed.

No comments: