Friday, August 17, 2007

In a world full of friends, you lose your way

I read on Whitley Strieber's website that many feel that something major will go down this weekend. They base this information on recent crop circles that have formed in England. I'm not exactly sure how, but they feel the crop circles point to the 18th and/or19th and the message being sent isn't exactly cheery. We're pretty much told on a daily basis that the end of the world is nigh, so I'm not quite freaking out about this weekend. With elements of our government almost gleefully telling anyone who'll listen that it's not a matter of "if" but a matter of "when" the "terrorists" will attack us again, I'm taking everything with a grain of salt. Otherwise, may as well hang myself.
--
After dinner tonight, I felt sleepy so I plopped myself down on my bed and drifted off to sleep for about twenty minutes. I woke up feeling a little depressed and regretful. I don't know why, but throughout my life, this sometimes occurs upon waking from a nap. Maybe it's because I venture off to someplace nicer when I sleep. In case you're concerned, I'm fine now. Really, I am. But you were never that concerned, were you?
--
Haven't been camping all summer and I think a trip to Vermont, to our beloved campsite, is overdue. Back in the day, we'd head up there, a big group of us, at least twice during the summer. Now? Well, now we're older and have different lifestyles and responsibilities which makes it difficult to get together at all, never mind for an entire weekend or two. It's a little sad, but it's life and it happens to everyone. Things change; sometimes to our advantage and sometimes to our detriment.
--
Off to watch "Rome" and then who knows.

No comments: