Thursday, August 16, 2007

Singles going steady

Man, is she beautiful! If I told her that---and I did, though I phrased it in a much more subdued way than the way I feel, which is jaw-dropping DAMNNNN!!---I'm afraid I'd come off like an overzealous creep. So, I went for the subdued approach. Baby steps are still progress. Someday, oh someday....
--

My cousin Brian was shot the other day in Iraq. A bullet went through his vest, nicked a lung, and came out the other side. He was sent back to the states and from what I'm told, he's in good condition. His father was a career military man, retiring as a General at an Air force base I forget the name of, and his mother is a staunch Republican and supporter of the war in Iraq. When my dad told me the news today, he wondered if my Aunt and Uncle's faith in the war effort has diminished now that their son has been shot up. I don't know the answer to that, but they're good people, despite their politics, and I'm laying a prayer at the feet of the gods that my cousin has a speedy recovery.
--

I've commented before about how Rich makes it a priority to sneak in a shit before I use the bathroom in the morning. Well, now Bob TV has joined the fun. I tell you, it's a revolving door down there; I sit in wonderment as I eat breakfast at the fact that I have to immerse myself in the combined stench those two pricks leave behind. What a way to start the morning.

Well, in a small way I got back at Rich today. I was in the bathroom letting one go when I heard him come in the back door, go into his room, and then come out the other side by the bathroom. Then, when he noticed the bathroom was occupied, he went back into his room. When I had finished a minute or two later and went back to my room, I heard the bathroom door close. Payback is the sweetest of fruits, you son of a bitch! Hope you had to hold your breath the entire time.
--

I'm giddy at the thought that in a matter of minutes I'll be watching an episode or two of "Rome". Simply put, the show is incredible. I'm going to put a dent in "The Lies of Locke Lamora" sometime tonight. I'm almost finished and I'm eager to read the follow up, "Red Seas Under Red Skies". Maybe, I'll get it before I head up to Maine this weekend.

Maine. I'm slightly dreading the prospect of going up there to visit my family. It's a great spot in Biddeford, right on the water, and is a quiet, peaceful place. Provided the house isn't packed to the gills with ten people, four of them children. I love my nieces and nephew, but I'm not used to constant crying and yelling. My grandmother will be there, too, and she's hard of hearing. The only way to talk to her is VERY LOUDLY. I won't be surprised this time around, when I'm ripped out of my sleep by my mother or someone bellowing " MOM, CAN I GET YOU SOME JUICE? NO, I SAID JUICE. I....NO, I SAID JUICE. WOULD YOU LIKE SOME JUICE? IS THAT A YES, MOM? WHAT KIND WOULD YOU LIKE? I SAID WHAT KIND..." And so it goes. Ah, but they're family and I love them. It won't be so bad.

No comments: