Tuesday, August 7, 2007

When she cried at night, no one cared

I arrived at work today with the front of my car emitting a dragon puff of smoke out from under the hood. It had done something like that not so long ago, but I attributed it to the exhaust from the car behind me. So I popped the hood and Al, a former mechanic, took a look around. He discovered that I was out of antifreeze, oil, and had about two drops left of brake fluid. I was surprised at the state of affairs; I'm usually pretty good about taking care of my car, but this was gross neglect. I guess my mind's been elsewhere.

I didn't hesitate and took my car to Jiffy Lube for some auto spa treatment. Just in time. Thank god my engine didn't blow.

I got my guitar back today and it plays better than it did when I got it years ago. I'll enjoy playing it at Friday's show. Speaking of which, I should probably finish some lyrics so I'll have something to emit from my word hole when the time comes. I suppose I could just play some atmospheric instrumentals. Maybe that would be better for all concerned.

No comments: