Wednesday, August 22, 2007

People take pictures of the summer just in case someone thought they had missed it

I felt like ass earlier today---headache, lethargic, feverish---but yet when I dragged myself over to the track, I had perhaps the best run I've ever had. Go figure.

I've been listening to The Kinks almost exclusively for the last couple of weeks. The Village Green Preservation Society, Lola vs. Powerman, and Muswell Hillbillies, have been the albums of choice. My first ever record was their Give the People What They Want, and I literally wore out its grooves. I'm happy my first favorite band turned out to be one of the best ever. I think it's about time I branch out and listen to something else for a change. Rich just lent me a new Melvins record, so maybe I 'll try that on for size.

It's back to work for me tomorrow, but it'll be a short three days before my next days off. When I was in Maine, I talked to my mother a bit about my job and we both agreed that as far as jobs go, this one isn't so bad. However, this is not a job that caters to my talents, such as they are. Who knows if I'll ever be bold enough to propel myself out of the pen of the familiar and set myself to exploring just what it is I should be doing. I'm confident it'll happen soon enough. In the meantime, the job I have will suffice.

Going to hang out with Amanda after she gets out of work tonight. She'll be driving over in her new car, which I know she's pleased to have, considering she's been without one for a while. Our plan is to go out for some ice cream, but I think we'll end up going mailboxing, instead.

The summer is waning and if I wasn't such a big fan of autumn, I'd lament it's passing like a lost lover.

No comments: