Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Neon Bruno

I've been listening to the new Arcade Fire constantly, and the way I feel about it changes with each listen. Sometimes, I think it's more complete than their debut, but I think I'm only basing that on the fact that the songs are more alike. Funeral, their debut album, is not all over the place as far as song structure goes, but the songs seem to stand apart from each other more than they do on Neon Bible, where the sum is greater than its parts. I'm not married to that claim, though. As I said, my feelings about the new record are not concrete. One thing is certain though: just as on the first album, they inject every minute of every song with conviction. And that, I do believe, is what separates them from the pack.
--

I'm tired. It was a busy day at work and once again, my brain is dull. I have tomorrow off, though, and I'll be re-energized and ready to produce another bloated post, like you've grown accustomed to. I'm itching to write about Bruno S., the enigmatic star of two of Werner Herzog's films, but I'm not sure when or if I'll get around to it. I'm thinking, because Herzog is the Man, to start up a blog devoted to him. Would it be read, I wonder? I think Doug is the only Herzog fan I know, other than myself, so maybe I'll have at least one reader. I can live with that.

1 comment:

Sun Wu Kung said...

There are other lurking Herzog fans around, I'm sure.