Thursday, March 22, 2007

And the band played Waltzing Matilda

I'm relieved to be working again, but whenever I'm in the fist of a job that requires, like any other, at least forty hours of my time a week, a part of me rebels and whispers in my ear that I'll never find bliss living this way. But I've got to eat and I need a roof over my head, so I work and I'm thankful when I can take care of myself. I'm not lazy and so far I enjoy my job. It's just.....

Ahh, you know what I'm getting at. In an ideal world, we'd all be working less. Period. Unless of course you find fulfillment at your job, then by all means, work as much as you can. And that leads to me to why I can't bring myself to bitch too much. It may take some brainstorming and the taking of chances, but I believe it's possible for virtually anyone to find a career that qualifies more as play than work. Someday, I'll get a handle on it, but for now it remains something in between: plork, for lack of a better word (though, I'm not sure there is a better one).

After watching The Enigma of Kaspar Hauser last night, probably my fifth time through it, I'm seriously considering writing an all things Herzog blog, an idea I toyed with in a previous blog. There's so much to write about, though I'm not confident I'm up to the task. It's sacred stuff and should not be approached lightly.

I keep having dreams about Mandy, the sweet dog of my youth. I'm determined to get a dog as soon as I can. I'm setting a goal here: before two years pass, I will have a canine companion. Well, alright then.

No comments: