Wednesday, March 7, 2007

All is bliss, all is bliss

I had an interview at Taylor Rental on Monday and I think I may have the job. Yesterday,I heard back from the woman I interviewed with and she wants to meet with me tomorrow. I don't know, or care much at this point, what the pay will be; my main concern is finding work. It's a management position, so I don't expect the pay will be too low. The place is only minutes from my apartment, which would make for a nice commute. I'm crossing my fingers.

The hour or so leading up to my interview was a little nervewracking. It started when I stepped out the shower. I heard someone knocking rather loudly on my door and immediately I figured it was my landlord, Marie, because: a) she had done this to me before and in the exact same fashion while I was getting ready to go on another interview, and as I've had my dealings with synchronicity in the past, I figured that's what I was dealing with here. And b) : the only other person who knocks on my door during the day is Luke Warm, but I ruled him out because I had just spoken with him and he knew I was going on an interview. After skulking around the house, cursing the timing of this development, I saw someone peering through the window of my back door. It was Luke Warm.

He stopped by to use my printer and while he was hooking it up (I've had it for over five years and have never taken it out of the box) I continued to get ready. Shortly after, I was ready to go, and as I applauded myself for being on schedule for a change, I noticed that my dress shirt had splotches of what looked like olive oil on the sleeves. I had to scramble to find another clean shirt and made it to my interview just in time. Whew! (For those of you who are curious about what substance tainted my shirt, I will be conducting an investigation when things settle down. If it turns out I was the victim of foul play, some heads are going to roll. That shirt meant a lot to me.)

Things are back to normal with Spira and me. She approached me the other day, acting as if nothing happened. Generally, if I've had conflict with someone, I prefer to talk it out so there's no lingering ill-will, but I went with the flow this time and I'm certain I made the right choice. When you've known someone for as long as I've known Spira, sometimes it's better to leave things unsaid. Last night, I went with her to check out an apartment she was interested in and because she's looking to live alone, every place she's checked out has been expensive. And this place was no exception. It was kind of dumpy and neither of us thought it was suitable, but in the end it didn't matter because she found another, more preferable apartment. She won't be my roommate anymore, but she'll be living a few minutes away, so I'll still get to see her fairly often. If Bob TV and I find a male replacement, we'll finally be able to walk around nude and throw beer cans at each other in comfort.

Things are looking better. I just talked with Kreg and it looks like I'll be able to pick up some hours at his brother's liquor store. Before the week is up, I may have two jobs lined up. Not too shabby for a guy who was just recently lamenting the fact that he couldn't even secure an interview, never mind a job.

I watched The Prestige last night and enjoyed it immensely. I'm a big Christopher Nolan fan and Christian Bale is one of my favorite actors. I can't wait to see him in Rescue:Dawn, the film he made with Herzog, which was adapted from the moving Little Dieter Needs to Fly. I also watched Children of Men, another great movie. Maybe I liked both films because Michael Caine was in them. Tonight I'm planning on watching Paris, Texas or some shorts by David Lynch that Bob TV just purchased. Or maybe I'll watch Wings of Desire, another Bob TV purchase.

My life is improving every day. I can feel it.

All is bliss, all is bliss.

No comments: