Sunday, June 29, 2014

Put another log on the fire for me, I made some breakfast and coffee

I woke up around ten this morning which is later than I've been accustomed to waking up recently. Fine by me; yesterday was an active day and the extra sleep was probably needed. And, lest we forget, it is the sabbath, which is all about taking it easy.

I power-washed my mom's house yesterday. Took a while, but it was gratifying work. There were some tricky moments up high with the ladder, but for the most part everything went smoothly. Mom took me out to lunch at Cafe Luigi's, her favorite restaurant, in the afternoon and I was so hungry I probably could have eaten both of our meals. I exhibited restraint, though, and managed to walk away with some leftovers (if you must know, I had a combo plate of lasagna, meatballs, chicken and eggplant parm). Haven't had Italian food in a long time. I declare to all and sundry that it was a tasty meal.

Later, Spira and I took Missy D to Fresh Pond for a pleasant two mile walk. And then it was off to Berryline for some honeydew frozen yogurt with fresh blueberries. As a general rule, I don't say yummers because it's kind of a ridiculous word, but I'll allow here in reference to the yogurt because it fits. Don't hate me.

Anyway

Back at Spira's we watched The Act of Killing and discussed the mystery of her iPad's disappearance. As you all know, my detective skills are as sharp as the finest cheddar and my conclusion, shared by Spira, is that her iPad was stolen by the girl in her building who comes by to walk Missy D every so often. I questioned Missy D. for over an hour, but she wasn't talking. I had to resort to Gestapo tactics ("We have ways of making you talk!") but to no avail. So I gave up and rubbed her belly and cooed in her ear.

On the music front, I've been doing some recording. There are songs in my arsenal that have been around for a while but have never been put to tape. I posted one on my Ignore Emporium FB page which approximately one person listened to (progress!) and I've got another one I'll probably put the finishing touches on today and post later. Maybe I'll double my listeners (Don't get cocky, kid!).

I've got several more songs I'd like to give the same treatment. Even if the performances aren't stellar, at least the songs will be documented. The idea is to clear the decks before I focus on newer songs. When I move to Spira's, I plan on being a full time musician, especially during my time off. So both of you can look forward to some new material in the coming days.

Alright, it's off with me. The day is young and I've got things to do. I plan on reading from Dune (it's becoming so engrossing I have trouble putting it down), recording, practicing yoga, and of course I'll watch some Mad Men.

Peace out, freaks.

No comments: