Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Turn on the radio, nah fuck it, turn it off

Yesterday went from zero to shitty in a blink of an eye. It involved having to do a shit ton of driving on behalf of work in a car with no working AC and in the traffic laden hell that is 128 (it was absolutely horrible around three; I shivered at the thought of what it would be like at five). I cursed the fates, my job, everything. It was not a good day. My thoughts were familiarly grim (so it goes these days) and I just wanted out. I got through the day, but it was a clarion call for me to get another job. I work full time and my eight year old niece has more money than me. I am not even kidding.

More driving today, this time up to Nashua. Missed you, heat! My poor car is being driven into the ground. Changes have to happen. Thank goodness for the long weekend and the approaching vacation. Thank goodness, indeed!

I hung out with Mara last night. Hadn't seen her in months. It was a relatively short visit. I'm not here to bad mouth anyone, especially her, but she's pretty self involved and not easy to engage in a conversation. It's more like a running monologue. Still, I care about her, so I can tolerate it every once in a while.

Every summer I have to contend with fruit flies and pantry moths. They've been a ubiquitous presence in the kitchen. Since Fred and Evangeline don't seem to mind, I took measures and set up a trap for the fruit flies using a bowl, saran wrap, and fruit. Works every time. As for the moths, Fred and Evangeline will have to clean throw out their moth infected food stuffs before any meaningful elimination can occur.

I'll tell you what: if it wasn't for the AC in my bedroom, I don't think this week would have seen much sleep. Fucking hot, son!

Alright, I'm spent. There always seems to be at least one fruit fly bugging the fuck out of me in my room. They are not easy to swat, but whenever I do manage to kill one, another takes its place. They are assholes, every last one of them.

Bye

No comments: