Wednesday, July 9, 2014

Things we used to do on grass

My vacation began a couple of hours ago and it arrived just in time. I needed the fuck out of the rat race for a spell.  It's been a while since I've taken more than a couple of days off at a time. I've got eleven ahead of me. There will be relaxation and quiet, but my days will be busy ones. Among other things, I plan on amping up the job search. Tonight, though, I'll finish watching Choke, a documentary about Rickson Gracie, the jiu-jitsu maven, and one about Ricky Jay, the magician. And I'll lavish Princess Puppy Baby with TLC. That is a given.

I'm about three quarters moved in at Spira's. I brought some things over last night when I came by to pow wow about numerous things before she left for Bali for a month, which was this morning. I hugged her a lot last night; I'm going to miss her. 

Last weekend flew by. Spira and I went to Melanie and Casey's party in Salem on the rainy 4th of July.  I like the Salem/North Shore crew. Real down to earth and almost every one of them a pot smoker. Throughout the entire night, there was a joint or a pipe being passed around. Their coal black living room table was weathered and warm and covered with cool crayon drawings. We were encouraged to add our own. I drew something esoteric and kind of out there. What would you expect in those circumstances?

The next day was Jonathan and Vibhu's wedding. It was also my birthday. 

And that's where I'll end this post. I'll be back and elaborate. Or not. Who knows? I'm off to other things, child. 

See you soon.

No comments: