Sunday, July 20, 2014

If I were a carpenter and you were my lady

My vacation draws to a close. I'm not sure how I'd rate it except to say that it was good to get away from the grind for a week. I watched a bunch of movies and TV shows via HBO GO and Netflix, read, socialized some, practiced yoga daily, hung out with Missy, that sort of thing. The grind beckons; I'm kind of looking forward to reengaging.

I didn't work on music very much this past week, but did manage yesterday to finish a recording of a new song and made a good amount of progress with another. I also got to work on some stuff with Kat, so there's that, too. We had a fine time together, which also involved beers and smoke and good conversation.

My mom left me a message on Friday inquiring about when I could come by to mow her lawn. Being the tail end of my vacation, I wasn't very interested in driving the 45 minutes to her house and doing chores. Well, I actually enjoy cutting grass and helping my mom out when I can, so I got over my initial reticence and headed over to her house yesterday. I mowed her lawn, cleaned her driveway, and walked Mimi (my mom had left for my sister's shortly after my arrival). I sweated my ass off but it was good to be out and about like that. Now it won't be so jarring heading back to work.

Every time I house sit here for an extended period of time, invariably, usually about a week into it, I start feeling the sensation of being in an elevator when I'm not in on. I use the elevator several times a day, but I'm not sure what accounts for this after effect. I found out from Leah that she experienced the same thing during her stint here. Well, at least I'm not the only one. I've got several more weeks to go. I hope I get over this or those weeks will feel like months.

Alright, kittens, it's time to go.

No comments: