Monday, July 28, 2014

Goo goo, goo goo Barabajagal was his name now

Kat and I were out to dinner over the weekend and I ordered fish tacos. The waiter asked me if I'd like them fried or grilled. I thought he meant the whole taco, but he was only referring to the fish. I asked him to describe how it would look prepared each way. Looking kind of incredulous that I didn't know the difference, he said "Uhh... well, when it's fried, it comes out with breading...y'know it looks fried. And when it's grilled it has...uhhh lines on it". It wasn't until the meal arrived that I discovered only the fish portion of the taco was grilled.

I share the above anecdote not because it's gripping or hilarious, even though it is clearly both of those things, but to illustrate how wonky communication can be. Miscommunication abounds, even when ordering fish tacos. Well, anyway, the fish tacos were pretty good. There is that.

I just trimmed Princess Puppy Baby's nails. She was laying on the bed and when she saw me appear with clippers in hand, she got off that bed toots sweet and curled up in the corner, trying not to make eye contact with me. I tried to coax her onto the bed, usually an easy task, but she wasn't having it. I anticipated some resistance and, after a few minutes of attempting to reassure her that I'd be as gentle as could be, she came onto the bed and let me do my work, despite not looking very happy about it. Didn't take long and no blood was spilled. What a brave girl she was!

Started watching Argo last night but only made it about a half hour in. The movie wasn't turning me off or anything, it was just that I had other stuff I wanted to do, like work on songs, and go down some rabbit holes concerning false flags, etc. I also squeezed in a powerful session of yoga. Will I return to Argo tonight? Possibly, but I think I may watch the latest episode of The Leftovers, which has me in its grips.

Well, alright then....

No comments: