Wednesday, June 25, 2014

And the hog of the forsaken, well he ain't like you and I, with bones always breaking, and no place to go lie

I've been a busy fella since my last post. Last week was chock full of stuff. Here's a rundown of some of the sexy and possibly profound things I did.

- I saw Tune-Yards with Janellio. A fun, energetic show. We met up with Evangeline and a few of her friends and got our rock on in style. So glad I went and big love to Janelle for surprising me with a ticket as an early birthday gift. I love seeing shows with her.

- Rufus Wainwright at the Somerville Theater with Spira and Ali. It was transcendent! His sister, Lucy, opened for him and, not only was she a good singer, but she was pretty damn funny. She came out during Rufus's set dressed as Liza Minelli and they did a whole routine that had me ROTFL (my clothes were sticky as a result). Save his duets with Lucy, it was just Rufus at the piano and guitar (bliss!). It's my third time seeing him (Janelle and I had tickets to his show at the same venue years ago on his Poses tour and when we arrived we learned it had been cancelled) and probably my favorite. And every time Spira was by my side. We've been avid fans for at least twenty years. Holy fuck that's a long time!

-Janelle and Bill's wedding.


Well, look, I'm going to have to part two this post because I've run out of time. I'll be back soon and tell you all about the wedding and other stuff like my listening and viewing habits (Mad Men galore, Michael Hurley/Holy Modal Rounders in my ears, the pages of Dune, etc.), and other sexy and possibly profound recollections.

See you later, you innocent little lambs.

No comments: