Sunday, June 15, 2014

Miracle words come to a mouth you may hear

Got a fair amount of sleep last night, but I feel groggy and see a nap in my future if I don't snap out of it. A cold shower and yoga should chip away at the lethargy; then again, I might be alright with a lazy day lounging around reading and stuff.

I spent the day at my mother's house yesterday. Her birthday was earlier in the week, so I showed up with a cake and some lobster rolls (her idea of the perfect gift). My sister and her family, save Shannon and my brother in law, arrived on my heels and we got some pizzas, ate cake, etc.

I mowed the lawn and figured out how to use my dad's power washer, which was gratifying, and went to town on the deck, clearing all the pollen and grime that had accumulated. Coming up is the more ambitious project of power washing the house. That one might take a while.

A swarm of Somerville cops showed up at the house while I was making dinner on Friday. Watching them through the window, my heart started racing. "Are they here for me?", I thought. Why would they be? I don't know, but the mind can sure conjure scenarios, however unlikely. Turns out, they were there to see my landlord Rick about something. They left quietly after about fifteen minutes. I wonder what that was about.

It's Father's Day. It doesn't make me miss my dad any more, but it's definitely a reminder that he's no longer with us. Or maybe he is. Whenever I'm at my mom's trying to find some of his tools or figure out how to use some of them, like the power washer, I silently ask him for some assistance. And usually, when I do that, things tend to work out. Who knows if there's anything to that, but one thing I do know is that there is so much to life we don't understand.

Cheers, lovers.

No comments: