Friday, June 13, 2014

On we sweep with threshing oar, Our only goal will be the western shore

I've been listening to a lot of Gesualdo's madrigals, particularly Book Six. I figured it would be nice to own, considering I listen to it a lot. I checked iTunes to see if there was an affordable version. The most affordable was ten bucks, everything else was above twenty.

In a moment of satori, I got the bright idea to check Amazon, which I did, and guess what? I found an album that contained Book Five and Book Six for $5.99! It was the equivalent of three discs - 44 tracks, yo! Snapped that shit up, did I. And now here I am relaxing into a post yoga evening with some profound music filling the room.

In my last post I said I'd be back the following day with another one but I didn't and I feel real lousy about that but not really. Things happen, take precedence.

Anyway

I've had the house to myself since last Friday. This has never happened for as long as I've lived here. Fred is in Iceland for a couple of weeks and Evangeline is at the beach in Rhode Island for the week. It's been a swell time!

Joined the Big Three fanclub on FB last night. It was a good move. I'm not really a fan club kind of guy but I don't know many people who are even aware of these guys. I didn't expect to find myself such an ardent fan, but it happened. So interacting with other fans and even a couple of The Big Three Themselves has felt like coming home.

Or something like that.

Finally got around to reading Dune after years of being on the fence. I'm about fifty or so pages into it and so far so good.

Also reading Don Quixote, which has been a treat. Man, I love Kindle. I got the book for free, just as I have with many others. And the books I do pay for are often cheap. They also appear instantly; I don't have to get up and go anywhere to buy one. I also love having so many books housed in such a device.

Ok, time to go eat a banana and some organic blueberris.

No comments: