Thursday, February 28, 2013

People take pictures of each other, just to prove that they really existed

I was just listening to Duncan Trussell talk about the idea popular amongst New Agers that the reason the planet is so heavily populated is because beings from other realities are flocking to incarnate here so they can take part in our grand, planetary awakening. A true blockbuster event akin, but only barely, to The Super Bowl. I like this idea. We've allowed the doomsayers the floor for too long. To be sure, we are in dire straits on a number of levels, but that doesn't mean we're fucked. I can't remember being born, but I'm one hundred percent sure it was traumatic. And I turned out ok, right? Right? Hello?

Anyway, it's about transformation, not destruction.

Last weekend, I woke up one morning because of a loud beep that interfered with a dream I was having. I groggily thought about how peculiar it was and promptly fell back asleep. Just as I was slipping into a dream, I heard the beep again and woke up. It lasted two or three seconds and sounded a bit distorted. At worst, it was disruptive and startling; overall, though, the sound wasn't unpleasant. I started to slip into another dream and the beep returned, waking me again. Fortunately that was the last time it happened and I was able to fall back asleep without any further disturbance.

I can't say with authority what was going  on. Could the beeping have been generated from an external source like, say, an agitated driver using his horn ? It's possible - more than once the sound of my alarm clock or the TV has been incorporated into a dream I was having -  but not likely. The beep only appeared just as I started dreaming and only then; the intervals I was awake were quiet.

Who knows what was going on. Maybe I was picking up a transmission from another dimension. In Vonnegut's Bluebeard, the notion that our bodies are nothing more than radios is put forth. When the radio breaks it doesn't mean what was being transmitted is broken. Another radio will broadcast it just fine. In other words, we are not our bodies.

I digress. Where was I? Oh, the beeps. I don't know the reason for their presence, but they were quite separate from the dream I was having, enough so that I was torn from my sleep. Anyway, I pretty much think I'm not a native to this realm, so I'm not too put off by this development.

--

I was looking at my car today and realized that it has the shape of The Baby Boy Z's head. I just hope it doesn't sneeze like him; the dude crashes his head onto the floor every time. I don't think my car is as durable as he is.So tell me: what kind of dog does your vehicle resemble? You don't have to answer that. No offense, but I really don't care all that much.

I've been doing fifty sun salutations in my yoga practice. I started with ten a couple of months ago and worked my way up to thirty, where I've stayed for the last several weeks. I thought perhaps I was overdoing it until Spira told me about people doing a hundred in a class she heard about. Back when I was doing ten sun salutations, I would have thought that an impossible feat; at thirty,daunting but doable. So I'm up to fifty. I'll stay at that number until I feel ready to move on. I'm climbing that ladder - one hunnert here I come! Yee-haw!

Alright, dervishes, I'm going to go see what's going on in the Bigfoot world. Will Dr. Ketchum's DNA results be discredited? Will that villain Rick Dyer produce the body he says he has sequestered somewhere in Las Vegas? Is the Matilda footage real? Are those stills from the Erickson footage nothing more than some chump wearing a Chewbacca costume? Oh there's too much going on. It's overwhelming.

XOXO




No comments: