Sunday, February 3, 2013

Now you're mine, I'll take you to my dreamland

It has been like this today: smoothie and coffee; read from and finish The Shining (I just found out King wrote a sequel; I'll feel around to see if I should jump right to it); meditate for an hour; run through some songs and in the process write a new one (it will require some touching up, but it's almost there); listen to a violin concerto by Mozart and attack this blog.

Next, I plan on reading from The Trial and perhaps Vonnegut's Bluebeard. I will return to the guitar and pen and paper. I will finish watching Memento. A solitary day. I needed it. The end of the week was challenging for me in a myriad of ways. I don't want to rehash any of it, but it wouldn't be a stretch to say that much of what's been going on with me has approached the unbearable mark.

Not easy, none of this, but as it's happening, I'm realizing I'm going through a fundamental shift, one that, despite it's unsettling nature, will find me in a more desirable place. I can't say for sure why I feel that, but it seems to be the case. Still, because of the intensity of the shift, I understand the importance of maintaining a clear vision; if I stray, if I cater to the darker elements.....well, then I'd find myself in not such a desirable place.

Anyway, there is all of that, but I've bolstered myself with healthy allies. I meditate, etc. You know all this; I probably hammer it home too often. Whatever. What else am I going to write about? That threesome I had with my boss's wife and one of her hot friends? No one wants to hear about that.

I digress.

There's been the feeling of shedding skin, the agitation of going through the motions of situations that have outlived their purpose. Interesting.

The Super Bowl is today. Who gives a fuck? Oh, yeah - just about the entire country. Not me, though. I do not give a fuck. But I give one about you (awwwww....).

Pleasant dreams, darlings.

No comments: