Sunday, February 10, 2013

I feel stupid and contagious

It would be a bald faced lie to declare I'm not tired, for indeed I am. It's been an interesting weekend, both slothful and productive; I need another one to recover from it. The blizzard that had news casts throughout New England spraying jizz in their collective pants has finished its business with us. It wasn't so bad; in fact, it was kind of alright.

I spent it at Spira's place with The Baby Boy Z and my darling sweetheart, Missy D. It was great having the pups to hang out with us. We watched Super 8 and Let The Right One In. I'd seen both before, but Spira hadn't. I watched The Grey last night after she went to bed. Liam Neeson and crew being stalked by a pack of wolves in the Alaskan wilderness? Yes, please. Heavy on realism and deftly paced. I give it high marks.

I came home this morning after only about four hours of sleep. My own fault; The Grey didn't end until about three in the morning and I stayed up a bit longer reading from King's The Drawing of The Three. Around eight thirty, the pups hovered around the couch I slept on, wanting to go out.

Spira was a corrupting influence on me the entire time I was there. She had me eating chips and dip, pancakes, beer-battered cheese balls, and perhaps even worse. This morning, she had the idea to drive to McDonalds for breakfast. I tried to resist the idea, but I was already weakened and dopey from all the other crappy food we'd had that I went along with it. I have a foggy recollection of eating a McGriddle, something I'd never had before and had been warned about. The McGriddle is the food equivalent of crystal meth. Or something like that. It was yummy.

I was able to work off about .000002 % of The McGriddle when I shoveled out a parking space upon my arrival home. In the process, I went through two shovels. I taped the one that had snapped in half, but it eventually snapped again.The other one was as useful as wet pasta.Thankfully, Fred, who had come out to assist me, went and bought us a new, sturdy shovel.

Ok, that's about it for now. I'll have to revisit my odd interactions with someone on Facebook. Kind of ridiculous, and hence worth mentioning. Pooch Edward Bottoms sleeps and dreams behind me on my bed. I'll rouse him soon and we'll go for our evening walk. He's been a good sport all weekend.

Cheers!

No comments: