Monday, March 4, 2013

You don't have to love me yet, let's get high a while

Turns out doing fifty sun salutations can fuck a brother up. I'm recovering from a sore neck and shoulder and over the last couple of days I've walked with a pronounced limp, thanks to a strained knee. Not entirely sure it was the sun salutations that caused the injuries - could be that I'm becoming more and more brittle, and hence, useless, as I age (No! I refuse to believe it) - but until I heal, I won't be doing nearly as many. I don't know, maybe none of this had to do with yoga. I mean, I did fall out a third story window onto a pile of bricks the other day. There is that.

My interest in The Walking Dead started to wane this season, enough so that I missed a couple of  recent episodes and was nonplussed about it. Whether it had to do with me or the show or both, I can't say, but yesterday I watched the episodes I missed and my faith in the show's brilliance has been restored. Andrew Lincoln as Rick was particularly good. I'm about to watch last night's episode. Hope it's a keeper.

At some point this week, I plan on driving over to The Capitol Theater in Arlington and catching Django Unchained. Not sure if it will happen - I'm well booked over the next few days - but I'd like to make it happen. Maybe Billy will come. He could use a night out after all that bloodshed.

When Spira and I hung out this weekend, I told her that when we met many years ago, there was instant recognition and that I somehow knew she'd be an essential part of my life. I've told her this before, but for some reason it had been on my mind. I've never had that experience with anyone else. I suspect we've traversed many lives together. I'd try hypnosis as a means of finding out, but I'm afraid I'd find out she did something terrible, like murder me a bunch of times. Hmm, maybe, for my own safety, I should give hypnosis a shot.

I do declare that I am done with this  post. I'll finish watching Joe Rogan's podcast with Dr. Steven Greer, work on some music (heading to Scott's this weekend and I want to be prepared), watch Walking Dead , read like a champ, and hopefully have some time to watch some of The Human Condition, one of the greatest and longest (around 9 hours) films every made. And if I'm smart, I'll meditate.

G'night, ye gentle fawns.



No comments: