Saturday, March 23, 2013

He's a walker in the rain, he's a dancer in the dark

Back from Davis Square, where I visited the Dollar Store (socks and razor) and Goodwill (books - The Sound And The Fury, The Alchemist, Anything For Billy). It's cold out; I was under-dressed. I can't wait until Spring arrives. Oh, that's right: it has. Whatever.

Sometimes the shit hits the fan with a mighty dollop, all at once. That happened Thursday after work. I really don't want to revisit the experience, that piling on of crisis events, but I would like to convey the positives that might have been obscured by the shit being flung if not for my keen awareness (it came with the body) Well, here's the long and short of it, which shouldn't be news to you: I'm a fallible, stumbling, mess of an organism, to be sure, but I've got my redeeming traits. In other words, I managed to dial down crisis-mode ego enough to step back and see what was really going on. Keen awareness, son!

So what was really going on? A spring cleaning. Matters I'd been fretting over but too fearful to address came by for an intervention. As stressful as it was dealing with everything all at once, I understood that it needed to happen and, as a consequence, things would improve. For a crisis, it was as gently presented as could be. It was as if life had said, "Look, the fact that you need a wake up call cannot be denied. So we're going to give you one, but because we think you're a swell, pure-hearted gent, we're going to do everything possible to make this as painless as possible."

Events continue to illustrate the ways in which I need to mature. I'm a slow and stubborn learner; it's taken some time for me to get the idea. I'm not quite at the level of maturity I'd like to be at, but I'll get there. If I don't, I'll have you to blame.

Played with Mark's band this week. It was fun. Everyone seemed to be solid, well-adjusted individuals. It was especially gratifying playing with Mark again; it had been years. Will it work? As of this writing, it's dubious. Whatever happens, I'll be alright. Go easy on the breeze, child. That's what the angel that hovered over my bed last night told me.

There is more, but I gotta split. Tomorrow we interview people for the apartment. All effin day, but I've got a good feeling it will all be fine.

Go easy on the breeze, children.

No comments: