Thursday, March 7, 2013

Just like my dad did when he was home, staying up late, staying up alone

Weather-wise, today was absolute shit. We're in the midst of a winter storm, hopefully the last of the season, that is just plain ugly. The snow, intermittent but ubiquitous, hasn't really stuck; this is the only positive as far as I can see it. Not treacherous, just ugly. I hear it's going to get worse tonight; six or so inches and a shitty morning commute. Ah, we'll deal with it. What else can we do? Anyway, winter's bite becomes more gummy the closer to spring we get.

I'm still on the mend. My knee isn't as wonky as it was a few days ago - yoga has helped it heal - but it still feels off. And the neck and shoulder pain is there, but not as palpable. A couple of days away from yoga is the plan. Let's see how things go.

I feel like I'm tired more often. Yes, yes, this could be a consequence of age, but it could also be that I have dulled myself to life. What do you think of that? Could that be true? How could someone so dynamic, so thrilling, ever make such a claim? I hear you, but I'm just throwing it out there because I believe it's close enough to the truth that it can feel its truthful breath . So huddle up, there's no time to waste, and let's inject some vigor and zest into this undernourished soul suit I wear. Starting....NOW!

Breaking news. There will be no vigor, no zest; just more of the excruciating sameness found in virtually every other post. Or perhaps something more vital than that. Only one way to find out. Let's commence, ye hoary witches.

Nope. No commencing; I'm behind schedule. Want to work on some music, meditate, read, that sort of thing. I'll brave the snow tomorrow and head to work. Then I'll visit my mother and head up to Scott's. And from there? I know not.

I lied. There will be some vigor and zest injected into this post. Let 'em have it, Kurt.


From Bluebeard:

I now think of the rotunda of that palazzo, when it still had its pagan as well as its Christian images, as a Renaissance effort to make an atomic bomb. It cost a great deal of money and employed some of the best minds of the time, and it compressed into a small space and in bizarre combinations the most powerful forces of the Universe as the Universe was understood in the fifteenth century.

The Universe has certainly come a long way since then.

Sleep well, thoroughbreds. 


No comments: