Thursday, November 1, 2012

Shout it, shout it, shout it out loud

There are people, some of whom I know, that 100% believe this planet is not going to be inhabitable in the coming years due to climate change. Whatever they believe the cause(s) to be be, they forecast the same grim outcome. With such a belief, you'd think that would hold them back from having kids; you know, because essentially you'd be introducing a human being to a life, perhaps a very short one, of misery and horror, and that would be a bit of an assholey, downright evil, thing to do. Yet these people, the ones I know at least, are respectable and caring and not evil assholes. So how is it they act in a profoundly contradictory different way than their character would suggest?

Well, my bonnie readers, it's like this: People are contradictory and often more selfish than selfless. Even with the belief that our species is on the verge of extinction, it's not that hard to convince yourself that "Maybe it will be our little boy or girl that fixes the climate and saves mankind" or that "Maybe things won't be as bad as they're starting to look". How about this: maybe you just really want to have a baby and are willing to tuck away a belief or two that might, if available, be meddlesome enough to prevent that from happening. Huh? What about that? That's what I thought.

Anyway, as I said, we're a contradictory lot, us ego-dominated beings of energy hurling through the cosmos, lost to our true nature, what we once were. Angels of light, we soar towards.....

Whoah, hold up! Starting to get all New Agey there. My apologies. Maybe it's because I've been reading from A Course In Miracles again (After the inner strife I'd been going through, it was needed.). Anyway, all I'm saying is that some people have kids despite their belief that our planet is rapidly becoming a horrible place to reside upon. And I find that odd, but not that odd. Oh, I don't even know what I'm saying. If this post is offensive to you or you hate its guts for making no sense or you think it's preachy or judgmental, you'll get no argument from me.

Alright, cohorts, off to other things. Halloween was last night but I had almost zero involvement with it, except I did watch the most recent episode of The Walking Dead (That new character, The Governor, well, I'm not sure how I feel about the acting job being done there. I don't know, but my guess is the guy is English or Australian. It seemed his accent shifted several times throughout the episode; it was distracting. Anyway....).

No comments: