Monday, November 12, 2012

Lonely is the night, when you find yourself alone

They say it's a good thing to listen to Edith Piaf on a Monday, especially if it's Veteran's Day. Who says that? I'm not at liberty to say. And, to show that I am in agreement, I'm listening to her lovely, tragic voice transmit from another time and another place. So long ago and right this very instant.

Got out of work a couple of hours early today and hit the yoga mat upon my arrival home. It was a challenging session; at times it was strenuous, but most of all it was therapeutic. Among other things, I practiced a variety of plank positions and, consequently, I'm feeling strong enough that I think I could kick Billy's ass. But will I? That will be pondered another day. In the meantime, we carry on.

A new song. It's coming together smoothly and sounds more East than West. I'll attempt to record some vocal tracks tonight. Ah, but it needs lyrics. Forgot about that. Damn.

On a related note, I may soon have some news regarding a musical endeavor. I know you're on the verge of wetting yourself over the possibilities, but I beg you to be patient as I'm not sure when I'll be able to speak on the matter. All I can tell you is that it involves the medium of rock and roll and involves other people. And, most importantly, this endeavor could see me getting laid like John Holmes, the X rated Nigguh.

Watched War of The Worlds last night. I fucking love that movie and I think it's a shame how overlooked it is. It's nearly perfect, it is. I feel like it should be a priority in my life to educate people about the greatness of War of The Worlds. One of Spielberg's best, I do declare.

Finally got to see video of the Minnesota trackway that was possibly, but most likely, made by a large, bipedal, undiscovered primate we like to call Bigfoot. I'll present it below, but a word of advice: ignore as best you can some of the commentary made by one of the admins at Facebook Find Bigfoot, who posted the video. Occasionally their analysis is spot on, but too often they make definitive statements and, in this field of research, it's almost impossible, even ridiculous, to make definitive statements about any aspect of it. For example, they'll state that not only is a blurry figure in a video clip a Sasquatch (when it could be a fifteen year old in a dark hoodie walking home from school), they take it a step further and explain it's behavior and motivations ("Notice how the Sasquatch tilts its coned head as it passes the tree. What it's doing is signaling the other Sasquatch that an intruder is near by. .

Anyway, there's not much analysis in this video and to the extent any is provided, it's fairly sound, even plausible. I'll let you make your own mind up should you choose to watch the video, but I don't think a human made those tracks. It's possible it's a hoax, but hoaxers usually don't go to such great lengths (miles of trackway) to fool us. I'm not even sure a human could leave tracks like that (deep, deep snow, long strides). Give it a looksie, if you dare. At the very least, you may find it interesting.





Ok, now that you've come to the unavoidable conclusion that those tracks were created by a very large biped, not human and definitely a Sasquatch, I can end this post feeling like there's still hope in the world.

Or something like that. Peace, you rabble-rousing C-suckers!

No comments: