Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Everything in its right place

Today was a mixed bag but predominately positive. Most of my interactions went well; a couple involved flirting, others were lighthearted, and, even at the RMV, no assholes. So what made the day a mixed bag was waiting for an hour and a half to be served at the aforementioned RMV. The clerk was sweet, though (she referred to me as "honey" at least twice - guess I'm sweet, too) and I was able to advance one step closer in the process of getting my new car. Also preventing the day from being pleasant from top to bottom was my commute home from work. Let's leave it at that.

Here's a question: When you hop on Facebook and say to yourself, "I think I need to remind everyone to get out and vote even though virtually everyone else on this site has already posted as much", are you thinking clearly or are you being a bit of a fuck? Really, if people need seventy eight reminders (or guilt trips?) that today is election day and if you don't get out and vote you are profoundly more evil than the world's most vile and abusive satanist, then maybe these people shouldn't be voting; you know, because they're idiots.

Ah, I guess I'm just being a grump about it - it's not well played to fault people for trying to be good citizens - but sometimes I wonder (late at night after the tears have dried up) if some of these reminder posts make any kind of a difference. Do I ever stop and ask myself if I'm making any kind of difference by posting nothing at all? Nope. And then there are other times, like after a fresh kill, when I think people should shut their mouths and stick to posting pictures of their dogs, cats, and babies.

A long, vigorous session of yoga tonight. Felt great. I think I'll meditate later, too. I've had some inner turmoil of late, but I've been feeling better. There are ups and downs, fluctuations. All you can hope for is that you meet each situation authentically. In other words, do your dharma, son.

I'm thinking a shower sounds good right about now. I may watch Murnau's Sunrise later on if time permits. Probably, though, I'll work on music. Someone asked me the other day if I've been playing with anyone. "Almost", was my reply. That's the way it's been, near misses and vague scheduling, but I'm confident I'll eventually find people to collaborate with. I'm also in the market for people to conspire with, but that is a discussion for another time.

G'night, you downy lambs. And don't forget to vote tomorrow; you'll feel like a titan.


No comments: