Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Two and two always makes a five

The commute home from work was dark and snowy towards the end. I eagerly sought the confines of home, where I planned on getting warm and relaxing. Ladies and gentleman, the plan has come to fruition! Well, almost; I'm not feeling that warm. Must be a product of age, this increasing susceptibility to cold weather. That, or the heater is not producing like it used to. I'm thinking a space heater is in my future.

I spent a good portion of today consumed with lust for a woman, but I'll stop there; to expound would cause discomfort to me and most definitely to you. So why even bring it up? Why do I tease you so? Here's the plain truth: I felt, because it was something I was consumed with for almost the entire day and possibly right this instant as I type this with startling speed, that it was worth noting. I also felt, because many of my readers are toddlers and adolescents, I should withhold  the details of said lust. Children aren't able to process that much sexiness.

Man, I'm not feeling warm at all, despite being bundled up like an Eskimo with the flu. What is wrong with me? Maybe this is a sign I should move to a warmer climate. Is the moon as tropical as they say it is? If so, I'm packing my trunks and some suntan lotion and getting the eff off this planet.

Since you asked, I am quite intrigued with the current Celtics lineup. KG is back, The Truth is healthy, Jeff Green is back, Jason Terry and Courtney Lee (two great acquisitions) are on board, Rondo could easily have an MVP year, Jared Sullinger could make a significant impact as a rookie, Avery Bradley and Chris Wilcox will be back, Darko could prove why he was a top draft pick, Brandon Bass will probably be even better. Should be a good season, but I'll miss most of it. No cable TV, son.

 So what did we learn tonight? 1. I can't seem to warm up 2. I catered to a primal urge for almost the entire day at the expense of things like focusing on work that I was being paid to do and I'm too cowardly to go into depth with you about it. 3. I'm intrigued with the current Celtics lineup.

So, yes, another riveting, thought-provoking post. I would never insult you with anything less. Now go take your tops off and run across lawns and up and down streets with your arms raised above you and whoops and hollers jettisoning from your maws. If enough of us do it, the world will become a much nicer place.

Hope you all got out and voted today. Now we wait and see who will occupy the throne.

Adios, banditos.

No comments: