Thursday, November 8, 2012

Our haven on the southern point is calling us

My listening habits over the last several weeks have been narrow, which is to say I've been pretty much only listening to Grizzly Bear and Yes. Regarding Grizzly Bear, it baffles me that it took me this long to embrace them. For whatever reason I never gave them a proper chance; something I suspect had to do with feeling like I had to choose between them and Fleet Foxes. Don't even ask. Anyway, I adore Grizzly Bear the way I adore Yes. They don't sound much alike, but their level of ambition and depth is virtually identical. Round of applause for these magnificent bastards!

My lust wasn't as ubiquitous today. I'm not saying that is a good or bad thing; it just is. So let's move on to politics. Like the rest of you, I'm eagerly awaiting the election results. Who will it be: Obama or Romney? No one knows. Anyway, I'm distracted by my roommate Matt's booming voice bellowing from downstairs. He's either really quiet or really fucking loud. He's a startling dude to be around sometimes.

Alright, I'm out of here. I'll work on music, watch Blackadder, read from Moby Dick, that sort of thing.

Good night, you milky moonbeams.

No comments: