Tuesday, August 23, 2011

This is a song Charles Manson stole from the Beatles, we're stealing it back

Heard some sad news about my friend's mother passing away. She was a sweet woman. Seems lately death has been in my periphery. On at least two occasions, a friend of some of my friends has died. And then there's the spate of pet deaths....Ah, let's move on; I'm not about depressing you or me this fine summer day.

After watching Bill Maher's Religulous the other day, I'm even more distressed by religion's predominance in politics, particularly on the right, and even more particularly in the Tea Party. And when religion has a voice in politics, you can bet it's of the greasy kind.

Wrote a pretty song the other night that I've been thinking about a lot. The trick of it is going to be the lyrics. I need to get them right; they will be at the forefront. I will probably only record one track of guitar behind it and add little else. I'm itching to get at it.

Trying to work it out so I can go camping this weekend, but it doesn't look like it will be in the stars. We'll see. My only consolation is that Sunday looks to be a shitty day weather-wise. If I don't go, I will try to get something together in a week or two.

I posed this question to myself today: If Super Bowl Sunday was considered a holiday, would it be the most popular? My answer: Hell, yes. And, for the record, for all intents and purposes, Super Bowl Sunday is a holiday. And, it's the most effective; no other holiday sedates the masses quite like this one.

Or something like that.


No comments: